Covidien Valleylab Force FX™ is an isolated output electrosurgical generator that provides the power for cutting, desiccating, and fulgurating tissue during surgery. The generator is used for bipolar and monopolar electrosurgical procedures.
Covidien Force FX Features
The Covidien Force FX is a high-power digital electrosurgical unit. This Valleylab ESU features computer-controlled instant response technology that ensures a consistent clinical effect through all tissue types. This instant response technology recognizes changes in tissue 200 times per second and adjusts voltage and current to maintain the proper power. The Valleylab Force FX enables the use of handset or footswitch controls to activate the generator. It provides surgeons with the advantage of accurately delivering the selected power setting, even through resistant tissues.
- Instant Response technology that ensures the power delivered remains virtually constant, regardless of the tissue type.
- Three internal microcontrollers that reduce system reaction time and increase the system’s processing speed.
- Capacitive coupling is reduced by 30-50 percent when using Instant Response TM technology. This reduction is achieved by limiting the RMS voltage and the high-frequency harmonics. Lower voltage means less neuromuscular stimulation and more precise delivery of energy to reduce collateral damage.
- Spray coagulation voltage of no more than 9000 volts for broad, but superficial coagulation with limited capacitive coupling.
- Compatible with the exclusive Computer Motion Hermes Voice Command System.
- Height: 4.38” (11.1 cm)
- Width: 14” (35.6 cm)
- Depth: 17” (43.9 cm)
- Weight: < 18 lbs. (< 8.1 kg)
- PER: 98
- Input Power Requirements: Operating range is 85 to 132 AC volts. Maximum current is 7 amperes in Cut and 4 amperes in Coag.
- High Frequency Leakage
- Bipolar: Less than 60 mArms
- Monopolar: Less than 150 mArms
- Precise: 470 kHz sinusoid
- Standard: 470 kHz sinusoid
- Macro: 470 kHz sinusoid
- Monopolar Cut
- Low: 390 kHz sinusoid. Similar to the Pure Cut mode except the maximum voltage is limited to a lower value.
- Pure: 390 kHz sinusoid
- Blend: 390 kHz bursts of sinusoid, recurring at 27 kHz intervals. 50% duty cycle envelope.
- Monopolar Coag
- Desiccate: 240 kHz sinusoid repeated at 39 kHz. 8% duty cycle.
- Fulgurate: 390 kHz damped sinusoidal bursts with a repetition frequency of 30 or 57 kHz into 500 ohms
- Spray: 390 kHz damped sinusoidal bursts with a randomized repetition centered at 28 kHz. Frequencies include 21kHz < f < 35 kHz. Output is further modulated by a random 250 Hz envelope with a variable duty cycle. Output power changes by less than 15% or 5 watts, whichever is greater, as the line voltage varies from 104-132 volts and 208-264 volts (at rated load)
- Ambient Temperature Range: 10° to 40° C (50° to 104° F)
- Relative Humidity: 30 % to 75%, noncondensing
- Warm -up time: If transported or stored at temperatures outside the operating temperature range, allow one hour for the generator to reach room temperature before use.
Atmospheric pressure: 700 to 1060 millibars
Transport and Storage
- Ambient Temperature range: -40° to 70° C (-40° to 158°F)
- Relative humidity: 25% to 85% noncondensing
- Atmospheric Pressure: 500 to 1060 minibars
REM Contact Quality Monitoring System
- Measurement Frequency: 80 kHz ± 10 kHz
- Measurement Current: Less than 10 μA
- Acceptable Resistance Ranges: REM pad — 5-135 ohms; Non-REM pad — less than 20 ohms
- Acceptance range is 5-135 ohms after REM PolyHesive II return electrode is applied.
- Adaptive REM: REM trip is baseline impedance plus 40%. For example, if the baseline impedance is 30 ohms, the upper level trip is approximately 42 ohms. If the pad-patient impedance falls below the baseline impedance, a new baseline is established.